Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Bloomington IN-- events for MARCH coming up!

I'm proud and excited to bring my collaborators to my town for a series of events in the coming weeks-- here's a rundown of what's going on:

"THE POWER OF WORDS" presents MARCH:

Thurs Sept. 10th-- I'll be doing a presentation/discussion of my work, process, and lifelong journey through comics, with a focus on my collaboration on the March saga, at the Monroe County Public Library (Room 1B) from 7-8:30 pm. Enrollment is $65, BUT includes this presentation and its follow-up event on the 17th AND both the IU Auditorium event on the 21st and the private reception beforehand. Sign up ASAP if you wanna go!

Sun Sept. 13th-- book discussion of March. 2:00 pm, Monroe County Public Library, Room 2B.

Tues Sept. 15th-- I'll be on WFHB's "Interchange" from 6-7 pm, discussing March.

Wed Sept. 16th-- Teen program/discussion of March-- FREE copies of March: Book One for all attendees! 3:30-5:00 pm, Monroe County Public Library.

Thurs Sept. 17th-- I'll be doing a teen presentation/discussion of my work on March from 6-7 pm at the Monroe County Public Library.

Thurs Sept. 17th-- Part Two of the ticketed discussion of March. 7:00- 8:30 pm at Monroe County Public Library.

Mon Sept. 21st-- private reception/ meet-and-greet with Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and me. 5:30-7:00 pm, Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center (275 N. Jordan Ave.). Tickets include premium reserved seating at the IU Auditorium presentation.

Mon Sept. 21st-- John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and I all discuss our work on March, as well as Congressman Lewis' incredible life path. FREE event-- you just gotta get the tickets! 7:30-9:00 pm, IU Auditorium.

See you there! Please check out the MCPL's Power Of Words site for thorough information on any and all of these events. Thanks!





No comments:

About Me

My photo
I make comics-- Save It For Later, Two Dead, March, Run, Come Again, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole. Arkansan in Indiana, dad, aging punk.